About 4x4 Response
The aim and purpose of 4x4 Response is;
"TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT HUMAN LIFE AND PROPERTY, IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY, BY PROVIDING EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES AND OTHER RESOURCES TO OFFER SUPPORT IN ADVERSE CONDITIONS"
To achieve this, we provide a reliable and competent voluntary service of 4-wheel drive vehicles plus their assessed and trained drivers, who are capable of assisting the emergency services, local health care providers, voluntary groups and charitable organisations by performing a variety of transportation and logistical related tasks during severe weather or other emergency situation, such as:
- Access to locations in extreme weather conditions where an organisations own vehicles cannot cope.
- Access to extreme terrain when a normal vehicle cannot cope.
- Transportation of key personnel in adverse conditions.
- Providing additional vehicles during major incidents.
- Recovery of assets or personnel stuck in extreme weather or terrain.
- Assisting with any incident where our equipment or skills are appropriate.
WHEN DO WE DO THIS?
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
HOW DO WE OPERATE?
EXAMPLES OF TASKS 4x4 RESPONSE HAVE PREVIOUSLY UNDERTAKEN;
- Evacuation of members of the public during flooding.
- Transport of key personnel during flooding and in other adverse weather conditions.
- Taking doctors, nurses and other medical staff to patients in need of medical care during severe weather.
- Taking medical staff and home carers to their remote clients in snow.
- Taking police officers to the scene of an accident in severe weather when their own vehicle could not get there.
- Recovery of stranded motorists, emergency services personnel and their vehicles
- Movement of essential supplies including delivering urgent medication and food into and around areas affected by adverse weather.
Providing logistical support to local resilience forum's (“LRF”) by participating in multi agency exercises run under the auspices of the Civil Contingencies Act by many local authorities throughout the country.
OTHER WAYS WE CAN HELP;
Like most 4x4 Response groups, Lincolnshire 4x4 Response are always happy to support and assist other local charitable groups and organisations in any way we can. We are able to offer logistics solutions which could include among other things, on event transport for officials, marshals, medic's etc, reliable safety communications and static or mobile marshals. So, if you are planning a fun run, cycling race, long distance dog walk or any other fund raising event we can help.
CAN WE HELP YOU ?
To find out how we may be able to help and support you and your organisation please click the button below, leave a few details and a member of our operations team will call you to discuss further details.